Thursday, August 25, 2011

Welcome to 11th Grade Humanities!


Let's deconstruct America!!!









Starter #1




"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. "
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden


1.  What did you learn in the woods about yourself or about life?
2.  How is this quote uniquely "American"?



Business and Syllabus


Tell Me About Yourself



Edmodo group #'s:
AM:  8dbstw
PM:  ronp7b

"America Is..."
Post your best one to edmodo!


Montana 1948


To Do this Week:
Read syllabus and get questions answered
Tell me about yourself
Info cards
Edmodo account
1st Edmodo post
blog set-up
Begin reading Montana 1948 (Write 5 seminar questions)