Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My beloved students-
I stayed home with a sickie Luca today.  I am sorry I am not there to conference, but I have absolute faith in your ability to pull off pre-exhibition magic.  Don't forget that the draft of your writing is due at midnight, complete with abstract, title, name, and correct formatting.  Bring a printed version to class tomorrow.  If it is difficult for you to print, let me know in the email, and I will print yours tomorrow morning.  Tomorrow we will be getting everything ready for exhibition, so your art piece and artist statement should be finished for class tomorrow as well.  If you need me today or have questions, I will be checking my email frequently.

Here is an example of a correctly formatted essay.

  • Notice that the title is centered, bold, and 14 point.  
  • Everything else should be in a 12 point standard font.  
  • Name under the title.
  • Put your abstract on top, and bold the word "abstract." 
  • See yesterday's post (scroll down) for a description of what should be in the abstract.

Your artist statement will be printed out separately and mounted to construction paper as well.  If you need to review what should be in the artist statement, see the Sense of Place Visual Piece assignment/rubric.

If you haven't sent your narrative project to Tatum, YOU MUST DO SO TODAY.

Have a great day, everyone!  See you tomorrow for a fun-filled exhibition experience!